Saturday, January 07, 2006

"Get thee to a Nunnery"

Click here to view video

6 months ago, I stumbled across an advertisement inviting women to apply to spend 6 weeks living in a convent, exploring their life paths and to consider issues of faith and spirituality, whilst being filmed. Instinctively, I sent off my application, although I didn't (and still don't) understand quite why! It was a bit of a shock to find I had been shortlisted, but I kept going and followed my instinct, undergoing a series of interviews over the next few months. In December, I got news that I was one of the 4 women selected to enter the convent. What a way to start a new year! With only 7 days left, the reality of this journey is hitting home...keep tuned! The final programme, The Convent, will be screened by BBC2 early summer 2006, as a follow up to their previous programme, The Monastery.

2 comments:

Paul Knight said...

Good luck as you embark on the road to stardom, through reality TV. Be prepared. Looks like you will be on Telly before me, I have applied for Countdown, but they haven't got back to me yet. I am not too sure about the contract however, the bit about them owning the rights to reproduce your image, it could mean they could use your image to advertise the show, possibly on billboards, cool, but if was Star Wars they could make a 4" or 12 " action figure out of you. Goog Luck Vick, lets hope they don't make you eat meat, I'll watch the show.

Gill said...

ooh! Vik the nun action figures. That sounds cool!